Download BHIM App Apk – Get the full APK version of BHIM payment app download from here. You can pay anyone very easily using it, Download and Install BHIM app now ! There are many UPI – based apps available on the play store, but we have to admit that BHIM is the best of all. It allows one to manage all their transaction through one menu and help us ease our money problems. You can perform unlimited transactions using the advanced BHIM UPI Download. All you need to do is to install BHIM on iOS or Android and set it up with your bank account. After that, each time you will need to authenticate.
“Be it a smartphone or feature phone of Rs 1,000-1,200, BHIM UPI app can be used. There is no need to have Internet connectivity,” says PM Modi. “One only needs a thumb. There was a time when an illiterate was called ‘angutha chchap’. Now, time has changed. Your thumb is your bank now. It has become your identity now.”
You can link multiple bank accounts with BHIM App
BHIM UPI App Download – Features
BHIM app Download was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 30, and it stands for Bharat Interface for Money, and it is named BHIM after Babasaheb Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar. The app is already topping the Google Play Store charts in India just days after the launch. It has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The fact that the government is bringing the iOS version soon is welcome news.
- Send / Receive Money: Send money to or receive money from friends, family and customers through a mobile number or payment address.
- Money can also be sent to non UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID
- You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required
- It features a materialistic overall design
- You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.
That is all about the features of Bhim application for computer. In the Upcoming section, you will learn how to download bhim UPI app for windows. Through the app, you can send or receive money to a phone number, check balance, or scan a QR code to make a payment without sharing a phone number.
Download BHIM For iPhone & Android
BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. It is an app that lets you make quick transactions using UPI. The payments are made directly from bank account to bank account using just mobile number or payment address.
- Go to play store using the link To Download for Android
- Click on Install and wait for download to complete.
- Once installed open the app.
- Select the prefered language among english and hindi.
- Click on NEXT.
It says Android above version 8 is required, while Android is still in version 7. But that seems to be some technical issue. India Today Tech has checked and the app is compatible with almost all recent Android phones. With the BHIM app, anyone can send or request money through the app to make a digital payment. The app is linked to your bank account, so you don’t have to load money in it unlike a wallet, and a merchant does not have to worry about transferring the money back to their bank account.
How To Use BHIM App Download
1. Android users can download the application from Play Store by searching for ‘BHIM’. The app is not available for iOS users yet.
2. Install the application and choose your language. The app will prompt you to verify your phone number using an SMS. Click on Next and wait for the verification process to be completed.
3. Once the verification is complete, input a four digit passcode.
4. After a passocode is set, the app will ask you to select your bank. Once the bank is selected, the app automatically picks up your details using your phone number. Select the primary bank account that will be used for all your transactions.
5. The app displays three options — send, request and scan/pay. Transactions are possible only between verified phone numbers.
6. To send money to someone, type in their phone number and the amount to be transferred. The app will prompt you to input your MPIN, usually a four or a six digit code that authenticates a mobile transaction.
Named after the architect of the Indian Constitution, Babasaheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar, the Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is a simplified payment platform designed to make Unified Payment Interface (UPI) and USSD payment modes simpler and usable across feature phones and smartphones.
Developed by National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), BHIM is supported by host of banks, including State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank,
Oriental Bank of Commerce and Punjab National Bank, among others.
The app, which can be downloaded from Google Play Store, is currently available in Hindi and English, and support for more languages is expected soon.
The app is a rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data). BHIM has been developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and is about 2MB in size.
PM Modi said that BHIM will be the world’s biggest wonder. The app takes on the likes of Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge and other mobile payment apps which have become hugely popular since the government announced banning of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes on November 8. While launching the app, PM made payment to Khaadi. UPI needed all banks to become interoperable with the UPI technology (between February and June 2016), which is no mean task. NPCI took two extra months to ensure as many banks as possible were on board a compact system.
UPI is how apps like PhonePe — built in less than a year — help make the inter-banking experience as simple as email for customers. It is a living and breathing platform that enables immediate payments. And it was a wake-up call for banks to get their technology act together.
Bharat Interface for Money (or BHIM) is another of UPI’s progeny and applications. The buzz in the tech sphere is that it is the shape of things to come — read, technology and micro-lending. Though BHIM allows sending money to a mobile number, it requires the receiver to be registered with the UPI in order to accept payment. In turn, the long process of generating a UPI PIN by entering debit card details may discourage the poor and the illiterate.
“Through Aadhaar, any person — large service providers or independent ones such as plumbers or carpenters, irrespective of whether they are on BHIM or not — can get payments for their services directly into their bank accounts if it is linked to Aadhaar,” said Pandey. He added that almost two crore people are linking with accounts with Aadhaar every month and total figure for such accounts should go up to 50-60 crore — half the country —in the next two to three months.
Currently, there are five payment options on the BHIM app — namely mobile number, bank account or IFSC code, among others. Aadhaar number will be the sixth such option. “There are some teething troubles but we are working on strengthening security,” said Pandey.